Hurricane Preparedness Webinar – May 8, 2018 Helping Your Community Get Ready for Hurricanes: Innovations from the Field
- May 3, 2018 at 6:46 am #2684
Register Here to Receive a Recording
The 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season officially begins June 1. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships and the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Individual and Community Preparedness Division invite you to participate in a hurricane preparedness webinar. On Tuesday, May 8, learn innovations in preparedness that you can implement in your community. Participants will hear from local and national leaders. Attendees can engage one another in a conversation with the goal of building resilience for the coming hurricane season.
Title: Helping Your Community Get Ready for Hurricanes: Innovations from the Field
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Time: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. (ET)
Please register to receive a recording of this webinar.
This webinar will feature the following presenters:
- Lauren Stienstra, HERricane Project Lead, Department of Public Safety Communications and Emergency Management, Arlington County, VA
- Leslie Chapman-Henderson, President and CEO, Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, Inc. (FLASH)
- Cheryl Nelson, TV host, Broadcast Meteorologist, natural disaster preparedness expert and National Disaster Preparedness Training Center (NDPTC) Instructor
- Marcus Coleman, DHS Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, FEMA
- Matthew Lyttle, Individual and Community Preparedness Division, FEMA
How to Join the Webinar:
- Please register for the event using the Adobe Connect registration web link.
- Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection prior to the meeting.
- This webinar will offer captioning.
- For more information, please contact FEMA-Prepare@fema.dhs.gov
We hope that you will be able to join us on May 8!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.