The National Mental Health Association
- April 5, 2018 at 5:50 am #2603AdminKeymaster
THE NATIONAL MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION is collaborating with the Florida VOAD Emotional and Spiritual Care Committee to provide their Mental Health First Aid Course at six locations in Florida. The instructor is Judy Johnson, an authorized Mental Health First Aid instructor. The course is 8 hours long with a lunch break on your own.
Mental Health First Aid is a training program that teaches members of the public how to help a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Like traditional first aid, Mental Health First Aid does not teach people to treat or diagnose mental health or substance use conditions. Instead, the training teaches people how to offer initial support until appropriate professional help is received or until the crisis resolves. While first aid for physical health crises is a familiar notion in developed countries, conventional first aid training has not generally incorporated mental health problems.
There is no registration fee for the course. This course will be particularly helpful to Case Managers, ESC Caregivers, ESC Committee members and many others. The dates and locations are:
- April 26 – Recover Pinellas – 10750 Ulmerton Road, Largo
- April 27 – Lee County ESCC – Fort Myers UCC, 8210 College Parkway, Fort Myers
- April 28 – Collier County ESCC (Naples) – location will be announced soon.
- May 22 – Monroe County LTRO (Keys) – location will be announced soon.
- May 23 – Miami-Dade County – location will be announced soon.
- May 25 – NEFL LTRO – 40 E Adams Street, Jacksonville
TO REGISTER: Send an email to CWWealand@gmail.com, stating your name, email address, phone number, your organization and the date/location of the course you will attend. On the “Subject” line please type “MHFA Course Registration.” Each course offering is limited to 30 participants.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.