Officer Training Videos

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin

Website Login Launch:
      First, I want to mention that login information for the website went out last night and also to a few users this morning.

If you haven’t gotten an email with your login information yet and you believe you should have, please email statedclerk@pbty.com so that I can get you one. Church Administrators, all Ministers of the Word and Sacrament, Clerks of Session, and Elders serving on Presbytery committees should have received a login.

Training:

One of the most frequent requests for resources I get is for officer training materials. I recently came across a new set of training videos from another Presbytery that I wanted to share. There is training in particular for Clerks of Session, but below that you’ll find videos applicable to all church officers:
      https://www.hudrivpres.org/resources/session/training-materials/

As a reminder, here are some other great officer training resources:

Elder and Deacon Training:
      Theocademy – This is the gold standard for general training for Elders and Deacons in the PCUSA. If you haven’t seen these yet, now’s a good time!
      Presbyterian Pilgrimage – Similar to Walk to Emmas and Cursillio, Sun City Center PC speaks very highly of the program. Worth checking out with a few folks from your church!
      Office of the General Assembly Resources – A variety of resources for Elder training.
      Clerk of Session Training Page – If you’re new to being a clerk of session, this page has everything you’ll need to figure out what you’re doing.
      2017-2019 Book of Order – No Presbyterian officer is fully equipped without one!
      Church Treasurers:
      Church Treasurer’s Manual – I don’t have much experience as a Treasurer, but our Presbytery’s bookkeeper, Joe Nixon, has said this manual is excellent.
      Committee Members:
      Taking Great Minutes – A video on how to take minutes that should be useful for anyone given that responsibility on a church committee. Less than 10 minutes long!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.