Call and Compensation Information and Forms (Form F-1)
For 2021, the Commission on Ministry decided in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic not to raise the presbytery minimum effective salary for full-time calls for 2021. The minimum effective salary remains at $45,771.
The Commission recommends, however, that congregations consider Social Security rate changes when discerning salary changes, and that congregations also look for alternate means of affirming the value of their pastor’s work during this time.
On October 13, 2020, the Social Security Administration announced a 1.3% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for 2021.
- 2021 Presbytery of Tampa Bay Minimum Effective Salary for full-time pastoral service: $45,771
- Encouraged minimum increase for 2021 based on Social Security COLA: +1.3%
- For a minister of Word and Sacrament receiving the minimum effective salary in 2020 that COLA would increase the effective salary in 2021 to $46,366.
Also for 2021, the Commission on Ministry has replaced the comprehensive “Form F-1: (year) Compensation and Call Form” used for the last several years with a new set of forms.
Before downloading and completing any of the forms below, please click to review this information on Completing and Returning the Call and Compensation forms.
The new forms are tailored to different types of pastoral relationships and ministry settings, and align more closely with resources produced by the Board of Pensions defining how to compute effective salary, how dues for various benefits are calculated, and the Board’s online calculators.
All of the forms are fillable in a PDF reader and total the entries automatically (though they do not calculate the individual entries).
Please note that the calculations and some other features may not work well if opened in a web browser instead of a standalone PDF app (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, for example).
IMPORTANT: The descriptions in the various lines on the forms have been updated for 2021 to better align with the “Effective Salary Worksheet” in Understanding Effective Salary of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) published by the Board of Pensions, match the breakouts on the Board of Pensions online calculators, and to include a new benefit and new rates for 2021.
Please be sure to use the form appropriate to the position. Contact your COM Liaison or the Stated Clerk if you have any questions about which form applies to your setting.
- Form F-1(I): Call and Compensation for Installed Pastoral Relationships
- Form F-1(T): Call and Compensation for Temporary Pastoral Relationships
- Form F-1(O): Call and Compensation for Other Validated or Certified Church Service
Prior year forms for reference: